Say yes to a flatter abdomen!
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck, as well as Abdominal Wall Surgery, are the most effective surgical procedures that can be carried out to improve the appearance of flabby and stretched out abdominal muscles. The surgery involves removing excess fat and skin from the middle and lower abdomen, and tightening the muscle and fascia of the abdominal wall.
At KA Surgery, Dr. Kouroche Amini (the surgical expert) performs abdominal wall surgery to help patients overcome issues related to a stretched-out belly. As a renowned surgical expert in this field, Dr. Kouroche Amini makes every effort to ensure the optimal success of this operation.
Abdominoplasty Surgical Procedure
- Gynecomastia or more commonly known as man boobs is extremely embarrassing but shockingly common in elderly men and pubescent boys.
- This is a condition of abnormal development or swelling of the breast tissues in males, due to imbalance in the two vital sex hormones called, estrogen & testosterone.
- Gynecomastia can possibly also be a side effect of certain steroids, drugs & medicines. (The list is readily available on the internet)
Step 1 – Anesthesia
The procedure starts with the patient receiving anesthesia, either by intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Dr. Amini will make the appropriate choice for you.
Step 2 – The Incision
The surgery requires a horizontally-oriented incision between the belly button and pubic hairline. The shape and length of the incision will be decided by the doctor, depending on the amount of surplus skin accumulated in the abdominal area.
A second incision is made around the navel or the umbilicus area to remove excess skin from the upper abdomen area. The upper abdominal skin is stretched like a window shade. The extra skin is trimmed, and the remaining skin is sewed together in an optimal fashion. A new opening for the belly button will be created.
Step 3 – Closing the Incisions
Sutures and sometimes skin adhesives are used to close the skin incisions. Dr. Amini always makes use of drainage tubes when performing abdominoplasty.
Abdominoplasty Surgical Options
Dr. Kouroche Amini performs four types of abdominoplasty.
- Mini Abdominoplasty: In this procedure, the surplus skin below the umbilicus is removed, leaving a low scar at the level of the pubic hair. The umbilicus is not disturbed, and liposuction can be carried out simultaneously to reduce the thickness of fat in the abdominal wall. If there is an existing hernia, this can also be repaired at this time. Laxity of the skin is also corrected.
- Extended Abdominoplasty: The surplus skin and fat of the loins and back are removed so that the scar extends around the flanks on to the lower back area of the body.
- Apronectomy: This process is a modification of the mini-abdominoplasty. This surgical method is for patients who have excess amount of skin and fat hanging over the pubic area. Only the surplus skin and fat is removed to help the patient look better and in shape. The scar is long and transverse.
- Abdominal Wall Reparation: This surgical method is used to tighten the muscles of the abdominal area to give a better contour and to correct any medical-related wall problems, known as diastasis of the recti muscles. Skin can be removed at the same time, and liposuction can be carried out if necessary. Sometimes Dr. Amini also uses meshes to strengthen the abdominal wall and/or to correct any hernias or eventrations.
Benefits of Abdominoplasty
- Muscles remain relaxed after losing fat
- Start to look younger
- Regain your beautiful appearance
- Easily walk or run long distance
- Reduce back pain
- Enhance the bowel movement or intestinal transit
- Relief from hernias or eventrations
- Enhance the level of confidence within you
Suitable Candidate for Abdominoplasty
Anyone witha large belly and flabby abdominal skin can be a candidate for this surgical procedure. For women, the problem can be caused by pregnancy. More women relative to men undergo this surgery.
AbdominoplastyPost-Surgery Side Effects
- The patient is left with scars
- Numbness in the lower part of abdominal wall for a certain period
- Swelling above the scar for a few weeks
Recovery of patients undergoing abdominal wall surgery to a large degree depends on how well the patient follows post-op instructions, as recommended by the doctor:
- You’ll have some pain and discomfort for some time, especially if the abdominal wall is repaired
- KourocheAmini will prescribe some pain medications for better recovery
- Wearing a special elastic support beltfor 4-6 weeks is mandatory
- You’ll probably return to your daily work schedule after 2-4 weeks
- Your scars will become lighter over the next year
- You will need special drainages massages and scar treatment for optimal results
Under proper conditions, the results of abdominoplasty surgery can last for a long period of time. It largely depends on how well the patient takes care of their body after the surgery. Leading a healthy lifestyle is important, as this has the greatest positive impact on recovery.
The cost of Abdominoplasty
The Cost of abdominal wall surgery dependon the type of surgery that is undertaken. The pre-operative and post-operative care, as well as the type of anesthesia (local or general), and which medications are prescribed, are all factors that influence the cost of surgery.Your health insurance should cover all the fees for your treatment. Dr. KourocheAmini will submit all your details and assist you to avail the insurance coverage.
Call for an appointment today!!