Botulinum toxin or Botox® is an injectable drug that can significantly reduce wrinkles on the face and neck.
Being a popular medical procedure, Botox® gives you a refreshing and younger look.
While the treatment is commonly associated with women, 9% of treatment is done on men as well.
Botox® injections are popular throughout the world, and in Geneva, Doctor Kouroche Amini, an expert in aesthetic injections, has been performing them for many years.
If you’re scheduled to get Botox® for the first time or are considering it, here’s what you can expect after Botox® cosmetic injections. But before that, here are some more detail about the treatment for your help.
• When to start Botox® Injections ?
There is no specific age to start the treatment. Patients consider the treatment when they see the first signs of aging on their face
Before starting this treatment, it is strongly recommended to ask your Doctor for his advice.
• What to expect after Botox® Treatment ?
As the treatments do not require anesthesia and no recovery time is necessary.You can get back to your normal life a day after having the treatment.
- Your skin becomes much smoother. The reason for this is because Botox® temporarily relaxes the muscle activity, which leads to relax the skin above the blocked muscles
- The treatment stops future wrinkles from forming
- The injected muscles are then frozen between 4 and 6 months
- The muscles will then gradually resume their activity
- This treatment stops the development of wrinkles and therefore is very effective to reduce the expression lines
- Regular treatments allow you to maximize efficiency in the long term. As time goes by, muscles relax and become less active. This could reduce the amount of product needed to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines
- Botox is an essential treatment for expression lines and is highly effective
Small bumps may appear but will last for a few minutes. These bumps are related to the fluid that is used to dilute the Botox®
After completing the Botox® Injections, Doctor Amini will give you several tips :
- Do not exercise heavily for 12 hours after the injections
- Do not get facial massages for at least 1-2 days
- Do not lie flat or do any heavy exercise for four hours after the injection
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2-3 days
- It’s better you avoid hot tubs, saunas and hot showers for some hours after the injection
- Although results are variable, the majority of patients notice a significant reduction in expression lines such as Lion’s wrinkles, horizontal forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet wrinkles
- The results of Botox® injections are gradually seen between 7-15 days after the injections
Doctor Kouroche Amini always controls all his patients injected with botulinum toxin – Botox® between 12-15 days after the treatment.
For more information, contact us!